The Academy intends to achive this by:
- The provision of education for healthcare professionals in the support of evidence based practice;
- Fostering the highest standards of training, practice, teaching and research in child and youth healthcare;
- Promotion of strategies to increase the effectiveness of care delivered to children, young people and their families to help improve outcomes;
- Advocating for children, youth and their families in matters relating to their health and well-being, including collaboration with other similarly purposed organisations and stakeholders;
- Developing public information and education programs designed to improve the health and welfare of infants, children, adolescents, and young people;
- Promotion of effective communication and liaison with other health agencies and building positive relationships with other child and adolescent health care providers Promoting preventive and positive environmental health strategies, and;
- Support for the role of diverse families in the care of children.
The Academy of Child and Adolescent Health incorporated in December 2016 as a not for profit, limited by guarantee company. This process was led by a working group, the inaugural Board, consisting of five paediatricians from around Australia supported by a part- time executive officer. A constitution was drafted and with legal support went through numerous drafts and a final copy has been placed on this site.
The aim was to create an organisation that was very broad and encompassed the varied needs of newborns, children and young people and was able to support the clinicians and others who were working to meet their needs. The most recent AGM was held on 17th October 2019 with the election a new Board of Directors. All those with an interest in the health and well-being of infants, children and adolescents are invited to apply for membership.
What We Do
Education and Training
Advocacy and Position Statements
Follow Us on Social Media
The Academy of Child and Adolescent Health acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.