The Academy currently offers the following types of membership:
Ordinary Membership category (with income scaled fees) available to:
- a Fellow of the RACP or equivalent with recognition to practice as a paediatrician in Australia or New Zealand.
- An AHPRA registered health professional practicing in the field of child and/or adolescent health care or research.
- a health professional practicing in the field of child and/or adolescent health or research within a health care institution or setting accepted by the membership committee.
- a postgraduate medical officer (intern, RMO, trainee)
- a registered healthcare professional engaged in postgraduate education in the field of child and/or adolescent health accepted by the membership committee
Overseas Membership category available to:
- An individual who resides outside Australia or New Zealand who is registered to practice as a paediatrician by a recognized overseas authority
- An individual who is a registered health professional practicing in the field of child and/or adolescent health care or research who resides outside Australia or New Zealand
- a health professional practicing in the field of child and/or adolescent health or research within a health care institution, accepted by the membership committee who resides outside Australia or New Zealand.
Retired Membership category available to:
- a current or former Member who has completely retired from active clinical practice; or
- a retired Fellow of the RACP or equivalent who held accreditation to practise as a paediatrician in Australia or New Zealand
- a retired health professional who practiced in the field of child and/or adolescent health or research within a health care institution, accepted by the membership committee.
Student Membership category includes:
- A medical student in an Australian or New Zealand medical school who has an interest in paediatrics and provides evidence of medical course enrolment
- Other university health professional students with an interest in child and adolescent health who provides evidence of enrolment in that course.
Ordinary Membership fees will be scaled to self-declared salary (exclusive of overtime) as follows:
- Less than $100 000 pa – annual fee $150
- More than $100 000 pa - annual fee $300
Retired and Overseas annual fee $100.
Professional membership fees are fully tax deductible.
All members who pay a membership fee are entitled to full voting rights to.
All new membership applications are to be approved by a membership committee prior to gaining membership
The Academy of Child and Adolescent Health Board wishes to express gratitude to the following people who have chosen to support the Academy by becoming a foundation member:
Chris J Elliot
Michael T Gabbett
Kathryn Browning Carmo
Katherine Thomson Bowe
Terms and Conditions
Membership of the Academy of Child and Adolescent Health is available upon completion of the relevant membership form and payment of the requisite membership fee.
Members agree to be bound by the terms of the governing constitution; available for viewing here http://acah.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Final-form-constitution-1.12.16.pdf
Memberships renewals fall due on 30th June each year.
Cancellation of Membership
Membership may be cancelled at any time by contacting the Executive Officer in writing by email.